I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Schimpff's

Today we finally made it to Schimpff's Confectionery. It is an old time family run candy store, factory and museum. We saw a special on Schimpff's on the History channel about a year ago.
We bought some lemon drops, horehound candy, Modjeskas, red hots and Turtles. I am currently eating a piece of horehound. I like their version but mine was a little better. I think someone might have burnt the herb during the making of the candy.

The turtles were amazing. The modjeskas were also amazing. They were named after an actress who visited Louisville named Helena Modjeska. Imagine a marshmallow coated in caramel and you know what a modjeska tastes like. I haven't tried the red hots yet but they are supposed to be one of the signature candies of Schimpff's.