I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Last Moonlighting, Last Call

Last Saturday was my last night of moonlighting in the ER. I've been moonlighting in Hardinsburg, Kentucky for a couple years now. I had a really good time there and I got to know quite a few of the local doctors and of course all of the ER nurses. We had a really good time and I made a boatload of money.

Hardinsburg is about an hour and 15 minutes from Louisville. They have a hospital called Breckenridge Memorial. It has 45 inpatient beds and 4 ER beds. I saw some pretty crazy stuff during the 2 years I worked there.

I usually got food at one of three places while I was moonlighting. One was Subway. Another was Pizza Tonight. I thought the pizza at Pizza Tonight was fairly tasty and I really liked that it was a home town small business. The last time I ordered it I got a Taco Pizza which was topped with taco meat, tomatoes, onions, green and black olives, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. I really liked it but I was pretty much the only one who did. There is a gigantic policeman who comes in to the ER quite a bit. He must be close to 8 feet tall with a mustache and everything. I used to bring in cinnamon rolls so the ER nurses thought I was some sort of a cook. The policeman jokingly said he doubted my prowess given my choice of pizza.

The other place I got food from quite a bit was Miguel's El Gallo Restaurant. I was pretty impressed by the quality of the food, but the most amazing thing was the volume of food they brought for such a low price. I usually got the Special Dinner which included a chalupa, taco, chili relleno, tamale, enchilada, rice and beans. All of that for only $8.25 and I guarantee you cannot finish it. They couldn't quite fit their name on the menu but that is OK.
I will miss all of the nurses and doctors at BMH and wish them all the best.

Last night was my last night of call for the University of Louisville! It was uneventful.