I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

New way of making eggplant

I decided to make my eggplant a new way. I looked up a recipe for beer batter on the internet. I decided to make my usual eggplant, pepper, tomato and garlic yogurt dish with battered fried eggplant.

Beer Batter

1 cup beer
1 T oil
1 egg white
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1 t kosher or sea salt
1 cup Wondra or pastry flour
1/4 t mustard powder
1/2 t onion powder

Combine everything to make a batter about like pancake batter. Dip your eggplant slices in the batter and fry in oil. Works for onion rings as well.

For full details on how to make the rest of the dish see this post. Serve with kababs.