I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

I got a scale.

I bought a scale yesterday. It was pretty cheap. I bought the Salter Microtronic Scale from Williams-Sonoma. I am kicking myself because Amazon had it $13 cheaper. Oh well. Anyway I bought this particular model because I don't really need one that weights up to 11 pounds. Also on the 5 pound model, the sensitivity is a little better and it can weigh down to 1/8 ounce. The models that had higher weight limits had less sensitivity. You need the 1/8 ounce sensitivity because a lot of the bakers formulas will have you weighing out amounts this small or a little bigger if you make one loaf recipes. The other thing that is nice about this scale is it is battery powered and very small. When you are done with it you just pop it back up on top of the cupboards.

Later today I need to post a few recipes. I have had requests for tandoori chicken and chicken saag. I will post those later today. Also I will post my recipe for Boeuf Bourguignon and the recipe for baguettes.